Monday, October 12, 2009

ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL WEEKEND.................

I have had a successful weekend in my craft room -

This is a photo of some unfinished dolls in my craft room, some waiting for clothes..........


I managed to complete another project on Saturday morning, I have had this "Hatched and Patch" stitchery sewn for quite a few years and didn't know how to bind it correctly, the first couple of attempts failed and it's been sitting around SO I looked through my A-Z of patchwork and came across "Binding" and voila I managed it perfectly first time, it is now ready for a hanger - I'm going to hang it proudly in my craft room.


Another weekend gone and a week closer to Christmas, I am sooo excited and happy with my achievements on the weekend. I started a quilt in January for Miss Kate's (daughter) 21st Birthday in March and what a job it's turned out to be. It's my first patchwork quilt attempt. I am excited because I finally finished the quilt top last night at 7pm. I have added some photos of the project so far...... I'm sure all you talented patchworkers will cringe - it's a "Crazy Patchwork" quilt NOT a traditional quilt, I've incorporated bits of material from dresses I made Miss Kate years ago and of course lots of other material as well, I have tried to include things she loves such as the "I Love Strawberries" and "Winnie the Pooh" fabric, Miss K studied Japanese at school for 8 years so I also included some gorgeous Japanese fabric. Blue is Kate's favourite colour so I've incorporated as much blue as possible. I would appreciate any comments and tips from quilters as to how to quilt my project as I've never done any quilting before either.




Cheers
Kaylee



No comments:

Post a Comment

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...