Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TUESDAY TREASURES

It's time for Tuesday Treasures over at Melody's. Today I have chosen a pair of white doves which belonged to my Grandma, I have many things which belonged to my Grandparents which I will share in future posts on Tuesday Treasures. I love these little birds, they have gorgeous red eyes, I'm not sure what they are made of but it feels rough like sand, they were quite dusty when they were given to me and I had to clean them with a tooth brush as they are intricately carved. Is there anybody out there who has seen anything like this or knows what they are made out of ? I also have a pair of owls made of the same type of product.

Cheers
Kaylee

12 comments:

  1. They are such a sweet pair. A lovely memory of your Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really lovely. I wonder how old they are? I'm looking forward to hearing if anyone knows anything about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely and they do seem very intricate. It is nice to have such a pretty keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very sweet. I wonder what the eyes are made from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Grandma's doves are beautiful. Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh Kaylee these white doves are such a lovely reminder of your grandma,such beautiful treasures thankyou for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have these doves they are alabaster doves sold by Home Interiors.They aren't that old maybe 25 years. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kaylee... I have missed a few Tuesdays.... Those doves are beautiful... they look so peaceful....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these doves bring back so many memories.
    My Nan had a pair of these too and I'm pretty sure she had the owls as well.
    She used to work at DJ's and I thought they came from there. The best thing about the ones Nan had was they were covered with this glitter sort of stuff that used to change colour with the heat and cool. I was fascinated as a child.
    All of that glitter is gone - probably from all of us kids handling them so much. At least Nan would allow us to do that :-)
    Love your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty little pair. It sounds like Grandma had good taste in treasures! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are very cute, what a lovely keepsake for you.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous Kaylee. What a lovely keepsake from your Grandma. Can you remember if they had glitter on them like the ones Rochelle's Nan had?

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...