Sunday, January 7, 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 to all of my bloggy friends, we went out earlier in the day and home by 9pm, then spent a quiet evening at home watching movies went to bed around 1.45am EST. I'm looking forward to 2018 and all the joys it will bring. Wishing you all a healthy and exciting 2018.




My first sewing finishes for 2018 are 3 more shoe bags to take to Japan in March/April, for those of you who don't know much about the Japanese culture they are very big on gift giving.  I have had this lovely old world shoe fabric in my stash for quite a few years and last year I made 6 bags from the fabric and I had a small portion remaining which wasn't enough to make even 1 bag so decided to use it as a portion on the front of 3 bags and used a plain cream fabric for 1/2 of the front and all of the back.


Yesterday I made up these 6 handbag size tissue covers with gorgeous Australian fabric I received from Sue of Kiwikids page in an Australian Day swap organised by the lovely Anthea over at Hibiscus Stitches. It is perfect for this project and to give to non Australians as a gift. Anthea is having the swap again this year, it was so fun last year of course I'm participating again this year. I'm sure the cut off was last Friday 5th January however if you get in quickly Anthea may let you join in too.


Cheers
Kaylee

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year ❤️❤️And what a great idea ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas for the gifts Kaylee... you'll have a big number of various items by the time you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bags look amazing Kaylee, glad the fabric came in handy. You are doing so well with gift making.

    ReplyDelete

80TH BIRTHDAY and FIRST GRANDCHILD

Another "0" Birthday in our family for 2018, My Mum turned 80 on Monday 10th December, 2018. We celebrated with a Birthday lunch ...